On this episode of the Employee Cycle podcast, we have Nick Jesteadt, Senior Director of People Analytics at TIBCO, joining us to discuss what direction HR should take moving forward. This podcast will compare the two cultures of HR – resting on known philosophy vs. being transformative with data.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First off, how did Nick Jesteadt end up in the wonderful world of HR?
- Secondly, in the post-pandemic world, how has HR’s role changed?
- Next, what are the two cultures of HR? And are they complementary or at odds with one another?
- Is it true that the HR role is both an art and a science? If so, can you give examples?
- Why is the characteristic of empathy in HR a hot topic right now? How do you see empathy and data working together?
- There are many terms used for HR and data, such as Human Capital, HR Analytics, People Insights, and more. How much do you think naming conventions impact the role of the human resource and how people perceive the role?
How to find Nick Jesteadt and TIBCO Software:
TIBCO Software unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real-time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.
About Employee Cycle:
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data! We change their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR Analytics Dashboard. We help companies view, track, and analyze their workforce data in one place. As a result, companies avoid risks, save costs, and increase their employee lifetime value.