Listen to Marie Szuts on the Employee Cycle HR podcast explain why “being intentional” is the key to building a great company culture with remote employees.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why you have to be even more intention about all people decisions when you have a remote workforce.
- How to decide which roles should and should not be able to work remotely.
- How often you need to reinforce the company culture value when you have remote employees.
- Best ways to onboard new employees that will be working remotely.
- How to plan for working with remote employees across different time zones.
- Whether you should track engagement or not for remote employees.
- How to think about employee benefits and perk that can only be received by onsite employees.
- Why it’s important to think about the logistics of having a remote workforce across different areas (ex: travel cost, health insurance availability, varying payroll taxes, etc).
- How to use technology to make remote employees feel valued.
How to find Marie and Inkling Online
About the host: Bruce is co-founder and CEO of the HR dashboard Employee Cycle. When Bruce is not helping HR executives better understand the story behind their workforce data, he’s serving as Board Chair of the non-profit youth coding program Coded By Kids, making fun playlists on Spotify, and hunting down the best bread pudding in whichever city he’s in.