On this episode of the Employee Cycle Podcast, we have Beth McCart, Associate Director of Recruiting at Ramsey Solutions, joining us to discuss Why Companies Need A More Thoughtful Recruiting Process.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First off, how did Beth McCart end up in the wonderful world of HR?
- Secondly, what does a thoughtful recruiting process mean?
- Next, how do you go about finding out what’s working or not working? And what components should you look at?
- What is avoidable turnover?
- How would you track avoidable turnover?
- There are assumptions about why avoidable turnover happens but what do you see as the reasons?
- How do you fix the misalignment between the workforce needs of a business vs how recruiters are measured and incentivized?
- Are the costs of the hire not working out the same as tracking the quality of the hire?
- Final words for the listening audience? Don’t try to change your recruiting process overnight. It can take 12-18 months. Have a big picture and roadmap in mind, similar to if you wanted to build a fancy, fast sportscar. Take small steps. Build the skateboard before you build the Ferrari.
How to find Beth McCart and Ramsey Solutions:
About Ramsey Solutions:
Ramsey Solutions provides biblically based, commonsense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. New York Times best-selling author Dave Ramsey created the company in 1992 as a means to provide financial counseling and education. Ramsey Solutions has since grown to more than 1000 team members.
Ramsey Solutions measures its success by the number of lives changed through our message. “The Ramsey Show” is heard by more than 20 million listeners each week on over 600 radio stations and digital platforms. More than 5 million people have been through Financial Peace University, and over 1 million people have attended Live Events across the county. Foundations in Personal Finance, a high school and college curriculum, is offered in more than 10,000 schools and educational institutions.
About Employee Cycle:
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data! We change their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR Analytics Dashboard. We help companies view, track, and analyze their workforce data in one place. As a result, companies avoid risks, save costs, and increase their employee lifetime value.