Metha Vasquez, Founder and Managing Consultant of Meet The Peak, joins us to discuss how to engage and retain employees. We cover understanding HR data, setting benchmarks, creating programs based on what the data tells you, where HR leaders get started with engagement and retention, how to get employees involved in leading engagement programs, and much more!
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First off, how did Metha Vasquez go from hotel and restaurant management to the wonderful world of HR?
- Secondly, what kind of HR consulting are you doing with Meet The Peak?
- Next, do you believe companies are typically better at engagement or retention? And can you only be good at retention if you’re engaging employees?
- Why is it so difficult to measure engagement?
- Gallup says a leading indicator of stickiness to retention is if employees have a best friend at work. Do organizations need to start creating initiatives to help employees find best friends at work?
- Where do HR leaders start to increase engagement and retention? (tip: what’s the current state analysis say?)
- What are some of the programs you develop to help your clients increase engagement and retention? And who typically leads these programs? (best practice: involve your employees)
- How do you help HR leaders look at the right data points, understand their benchmark numbers, and set the right KPIs to support the organization’s goals?
- What reasons are you seeing that employees are leaving their organizations? And how/with what do you consult HR leaders on how to improve retention?
- Key tip: Ask for feedback from employees and make sure you’re communicating with them regularly.
How to find Metha Vasquez and Meet The Peak:
- Click here for Metha Vasquez – LinkedIn
- Click here for Meet The Peak – LinkedIn
- Click here for Meet The Peak – Website
Meet The Peak:
They provide talent acquisition and development strategies for growing companies. Their focus is to assist companies in becoming more attractive and more profitable through an engaged and productive workforce. Services include:
- Talent Acquisition Services
- Employee Engagement & Retention Program Design
- Talent Development & Leader Development Services
About Employee Cycle:
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data! We change their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR Analytics Dashboard. We help companies view, track, and analyze their workforce data in one place. As a result, companies avoid risks, save costs, and increase their employee lifetime value.