On this episode of the Employee Cycle podcast, we have Abby Hamilton, Chief People Officer at LiveIntent, joining us to discuss how companies can better support working parents.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First off, how did Abby Hamilton get into the wonderful world of HR?
- Secondly, there is a wide spectrum of how to support working parents. What’s the overarching theme and trend of workplace culture that needs to be in place to identify and support working parents in the first place?
- Next, what does it mean for parents to bring their “full self” to work?
- Do you set any guardrails to how support of working parents is handled?
- What is the difference between work-life blend vs. work-life balance?
- Should HR be providing different perks, treatment, or benefits to mothers vs fathers?
- Where do HR leaders start to identify who is a working parent, figuring out a plan to help those parents, and then making it sustainable?
- Key tip: It’s okay to get it wrong and have to course-correct when starting a new program. Trying new things is where growth and learning happen. You’ve got this!
How to find Abby Hamilton and LiveIntent, Inc.:
About Abby Hamilton via LinkedIn:
I am a strategic and passionate Human Resources leader guiding the creation of cutting-edge talent programs with a digital-first mindset. I lead teams to execute with excellence, create innovative & practical solutions to talent challenges, implement globally consistent programs, and partner with leaders throughout the business to encourage employees to bring their best self to work.
Over the course of my experience in recruiting and HR, I have had the privilege to work with talented leaders in adtech / martech and pharmaceuticals / medical devices. While I am passionate about all talent challenges, my areas of specialty include: hiring, employee engagement, DEI, mental health in the workplace, cultural transformation, performance management, leadership alignment, learning and development, HRIS, succession planning and data-driven decision making.
About LiveIntent via LinkedIn:
LiveIntent is a people-based marketing technology platform changing the way over 2,000 of the world’s largest brands and publishers think about email.
The LiveIntent platform transforms email from something you send and receive into the simplest, most powerful way to resolve identity and market to people in a mobile-first world. It becomes your superpower, generating a private customer graph that can augment everything from acquisition to attribution while driving incremental product sales and revenue. LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in Berlin, Copenhagen, serving as home to 200 people and counting. For more information, visit www.liveintent.com.
Mission: Our people-based solutions empower brands to ensure they have a true relationship with their customers.
About Employee Cycle:
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data! We change their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR Analytics Dashboard. We help companies view, track, and analyze their workforce data in one place. As a result, companies avoid risks, save costs, and increase their employee lifetime value.