On this episode of the Employee Cycle podcast, we have Liam Martin, Founder of Running Remote, joining us to discuss asynchronous work and its relationship to managing a remote workforce. This podcast will challenge the way HR professionals think about meetings, reporting structures, transparency in sharing information, and so much more for a remote workforce! It’s one of our more provocative episodes!
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First off, how did Liam Martin’s work bring him into the HR world?
- Secondly, what is Asynchronous Work, and provide an example of how it works.
- Next, here’s thinking outside the box – how can you make sure your remote team can work without being dependent on other people?
- How can you give all employees access to everything they need to solve difficult problems? (Crazy idea: asking others for help is disruptive and slows down productivity)
- What is the cost of collaboration via meetings vs. processes and systems? (Tip: More collaboration does not equal more meetings)
- Hang on…this will be controversial: Having managers is a waste of time and resources.
- Culture isn’t about the people in an organization – It’s about the work they do. Culture is about the mission and the problem you’re trying to solve. If people are passionate about the mission, they will love working for the organization.
How to find Liam Martin and Running Remote:
- Liam Martin – Speaker Website
- Running Remote – LinkedIn
- Running Remote – Website
- Running Remote – YouTube
Build And Scale Your Remote Team!
Running Remote Conference is carefully curated to teach you next-level, actionable strategies and tactics you can utilize the very next day to manage & grow your remote team. This is the conference we’ve been trying to find but until now it didn’t exist.
We cover every facet of building a remote team to help develop the future of work. Leading remote work tech companies, online collaboration thought leaders, and outsourcing business owners under one roof.
About Employee Cycle:
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data! We change their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR Analytics Dashboard. We help companies view, track, and analyze their workforce data in one place. As a result, companies avoid risks, save costs, and increase their employees’ lifetime value.