Daniel Choi, SVP of People at Slickdeals, joins us to discuss why fully flexible work should be a “choose your own adventure” experience. We cover what fully flexible work means and how it works in organizations, the pros, and cons of guardrails, how employees react to fully flexible work (believe it or not, some don’t care for it), and what HR leaders should consider before implementing such a concept, and much more!
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First off, how did Daniel Choi go from playing and coaching sports to the wonderful world of HR?
- Secondly, what is your definition of fully flexible work?
- Next, how does fully flexible work get played out in the workforce? And how did you communicate the concept to your employees?
- What are some of the options you provide your employees for fully flexible work? And do you put up any guardrails and/or guiding principles?
- Have there been any issues your organization has experienced with such a dispersed workforce?
- How did new hires (and employees) respond to a fully flexible work concept when your organization first announced it during the pandemic?
- What should HR leaders think about to get this same idea up and running, such as strategy, implementation, communication, culture, etc.?
- Key Tips: Culture sets standards and behaviors. And depending on your industry, this may not work for every position, such as in healthcare. Make sure you have change agents within the organization so you can communicate well and improve along the way.
How to find Daniel Choi and Slickdeals:
- Click here for Daniel Choi – LinkedIn
- Click here for Slickdeals – LinkedIn
- Click here for Slickdeals – Website
Slickdeals is the only shopping platform powered by millions of avid shoppers, where consumers interact to share and discover the most up-to-date information on online shopping deals and coupons. Through the power of human intelligence, Slickdeals has saved its 12 million savvy shoppers $10 billion by providing a forum for deal discovery and shopping discussion; as well as shopping tools such as its free Android or iOS app; its browser extension for Chrome, Firefox and Edge; and its Slickdeals Cashback Rewards program. Slickdeals is one of the top ten most visited shopping sites in the U.S. per Similarweb.
About Employee Cycle:
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data! We change their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR Analytics Dashboard. We help companies view, track, and analyze their workforce data in one place. As a result, companies avoid risks, save costs, and increase their employee lifetime value.