On this episode of the Employee Cycle Podcast, we have Julie Develin, SHRM-SCP, GTML, Senior Partner, HCM Advisory at UKG, joining us to discuss Why Retention Is Your Best Hiring Strategy
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First off, how did Julie Develin end up in the wonderful world of HR?
- Secondly, what are the main differences between hiring and retention? And how does one affect the other?
- What are some of the negative implications that can happen from hyper-focusing on hiring but not necessarily focusing on retention of your workforce?
- What are some reasons why good people are held back from promoting internally?
- What do you think is a symptom of management only looking at external resources to fill positions?
- How does an organization diagnose if they are holding employees back from promotions?
- What is the best way for an organization to determine what is acceptable turnover and where to focus their attention?
- What are the typical holes, gaps, and blind spots that HR leaders overlook when putting together a retention strategy?
- What does training look like in regard to helping a manager better understand how to retain their team?
- Where should HR professionals start the process of creating a retention strategy as part of their hiring strategy?
- And so much more!
How to find Julie Develin and UKG:
At UKG, our purpose is people. As strong believers in the power of culture and belonging as the secret to success, we champion great workplaces and build lifelong partnerships with our customers to show what’s possible when businesses invest in their people. Born from a historic merger that created one of the world’s leading HCM cloud companies, our Life-work Technology approach to HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions for all people helps more than 70,000 organizations around the globe and across every industry anticipate and adapt to their employees’ needs beyond just work.
About Employee Cycle:
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data! We change their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR Analytics Dashboard. We help companies view, track, and analyze their workforce data in one place. As a result, companies avoid risks, save costs, and increase their employee lifetime value.