Listen to Amanda Hudson, founder of A Modern Way to Work, discuss the best practices for HR to select and build the right people managers across your company.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why the most successful individual contributor is probably not the best people manager.
- Why self-awareness is one of the key requirements for an individual to become a good people manager.
- Why today’s people managers need to get comfortable and good at managing roles they can’t perform themselves.
- How companies can create career paths that do not include managing people.
- Why HR needs to deeply understand their company’s business to actually help people managers become better.
- How to determine if you have a people manager problem, an employee problem, or both.
- The metrics to track on a department level to measure the effectiveness of individual people managers.